View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 05:22 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From 1912 .. most I knew, some 'clueless.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
I believe kids got a more well rounded education back then. The teachers had a lot fewer students in the classroom, and could spend more time with each pupil.
The parents were interested in their children getting an education, and being ready to face the world and make their own way upon graduation.
The challenges facing students and teachers today are a far cry from what they were prior to WW1. But the challenges today are just as real.
Yes and No? What kids don't get to day is an 'Education' that will actually earn them a living wage. Local High School and all the Sr's have do a 'project' and most (sitting there) were a total waste of time.

One young man 'project' was to build a trailer to haul boats/what ever. 5 really board to death Women as we talked 'welding.' Mig, Tig, Arc, etc. For context, that was one my classes when I got my Degree in Vineyard Management, which is what brought me to So-Oregon.

Kid's welding was exceptional, and I made a few phone calls. He graduated and walked into a $18.00/hour job building drift boats.

Some times I get it right?

fae