View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:22 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: NY's Salmon River in October

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Owl View Post
Last year, last week of September, I did my "first" Salmon River trip and it was great fishing but the Fall colors weren't quite there ( I live in FL). In any event this year I am thinking maybe the first week of October but I am wondering if the salmon run is over but too early for steelhead- not prime. How is the first week of October and what fish should I go after? Last year I was in the DSR. Are there other areas of the river that are equally good? Thanks.
Salmon run was early last year and there is already salmon in the river this year.

If you like shoulder to shoulder combat fishing with the majority then outside the dsr is the place to be

Addicted To Vise