View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 03:35 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NY's Salmon River in October

The Kings are already in the river! If your going on a weekday try the Upper Fly area there will be loads of fish when your going and unfortunately quite a few fisherman! If you fish on a weekday and work the lower half (down river) of the fly zone many times you can have it to yourself . Also as swampdonkey mentioned the smaller Tribs don't usually get the same crowds. If you get some rain prior to fishing the Tribs can be very good!
Just below the DSR is great that time of year but it's a tough wade and walk from the bridge but worth it because your only.competition is generally boats!
I'm heading up Monday I'll try to post how it's going!

---------- Post added at 02:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

And last year in October the Steelhead were thick upriver! Plenty of Chromers to go around!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser