View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 06:35 AM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

After a "Fall-like" day in the north country yesterday-- we split a lot of wood --I finally shut down the splitter, tarped the old tractor and eased into evening with the front porch now darkened some by a growing stack of firewood for the coming winter. The ever-changing make-up on our enclosed front porch drives the cat to the point of distraction!

With the dinner hour long past, I sat down with the late Montgomery Jackson's personal journals and picked up where I'd left off, curious to see what the following pages would bring. And, now I'm glad that I did...

Following the last "dark" chapter, I wondered-- OK, feared --what the pages would hold. I shouldn't have been surprised by the fact that the writings perked up in both mood and content. Between the lines, I picked up hints of resolution of his pending fate, but also a strong air of hope and expectation for those who would follow in his footsteps. It gave rise to my own aspirations for the years ahead, and it was all because the man's thoughts and wishes had been vintage Montgomery Jackson in every way...

Who's to say how we all will react when we know our own fates have been sealed? No one can predict what their reactions will be, nor can we ever truly prepare ourselves for that moment in time. Still, I can tell you this... From what I've long known of the late Montgomery Jackson, he faced fate with uncommon courage and dignity, and carried to his grave an unyielding love and devotion to those who were closest to him.

To the end of my days, I will be forever thankful that I was one of the chosen few...