View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 09:32 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Making Welded Loops In Spey Lines

Good stuff Zach, thanks for your informative post. Nice to see you posting here, I've always enjoyed your articles and podcasts. Welcome aboard.

I actually welded some loops tonight on some of my practice lines. They turned out looking good. Like Zach mentioned, the right tubing material is key. A couple of other tips I've determined: You don't want the tubing to be too loose, so make sure you have a couple of different sizes to play with. You want to cut the tip of the line at a fairly tapered angle so when it melts it gives a nice smooth transition at the bottom of the weld. If all else fails, cut the line and do it again. If you have old fly line on hand or are wondering what to do with it, practicing welds is a good use.

Redshed Fly Shop has the tubing you want and if you need a heat gun, they do have a whole kit. You may save a few bucks buying ala carte but you can get what you need in one shot. Great shop for tying materials too btw, excellent customer service.

Last edited by jaybo41; 08-15-2013 at 06:55 PM.