View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 03:26 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

A new person has no problem BUYING. So yes, if the guy pays up and he is new he can do that.

What I am concerned about is SELLING. Allowing a new person immediate access to post an item FOR SALE puts us at risk from scammers. Placing a post limit requirement makes it more likely that potential scammers will move on to greener pastures that do not require a posting limit to sell.

I think like most things in life, it comes down to perspective. What policy is better for most of the current members of this bulletin board vs for new members? If you are an honest new member it means you can't immediately sell vs a greater level of protection for current members.

Another fact not to lost in the discussion is that this policy is not all negative for new members. New members also benefit from the same level of protection if they decide to buy just after joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
From a sellers perspective though, that's fine with me. So long as I know that I'm getting payment up front, I have nothing to worry about, and my product has been sold.

However, as far as buyers are concerned, there needs to be a level of trust established. Even when someone does have 200+ posts, or however many you see fit, you just never know what someone is capable of until it's too late. Perhaps a feedback system is a good way of helping potential buyers know the seller a bit better.

Upping the required limit for people to post seems a bit... dramatic to me. Just because there was one bad apple in the bunch, doesn't mean that we should punish everyone else who lives an honest life. My $.02.

Thanks Auntie Em! I've got a friend that frequents those classifieds, so I'll make sure he knows.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy