View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 09:44 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Florida keys fly fishing

Bonefish, Tarpon & Permit are the 3 that most folks seek when fly fishing in the Keys, but Barracuda are probably the easiest to get to take a fly. If you have a boat, that makes it a bit easier to search around, but if you'll be wading, then it limits your chances. However, be prepared for anything. Even sharks can be caught on flies, although I'm not sure I would risk getting bitten if wading. The various Snapper species can also be caught on flies, as can Ladyfish.

Whatever you do, just be aware that even smaller fish with teeth, such as Barracuda can cause serious damage to body parts. Use caution & common sense when landing & unhooking such fish.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!