View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 01:28 PM

zinox is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Official BIG STREAMER thread

Hey Guyes, my first post on the board, and love all the pictures you post of you flies, nice inspiration to us new guys.

I haven't fly fished mutch, when i was 12 years old i got a "beginners #7 fly rod setup" and the family went to a fishing camp where there were some fly theme weekend where people could learn to cast, an tie flies, i managed to catch some small brown trout, with my truly poor casting technique. After that i have't fly fished sins, now that i'm 24, and love pike fishing in Denmark, i found a great fishing buddy, who fly fished for over 20 years. We started practice in the garden, and it kept getting better and better. So i decsidet to go all in on the fly fishing for pike, and iīm currently waiting for my #10 rod.

But while i'm waiting i started tying some BIG flies. This is some of the first bigger pike flies iv'e made, getting some help and ideas from YouTube.

Hope you like them

Had to untie some of them halfway and start over as they didnít looked like i wanted them to.

Kind regards Bjarke.
Tight lines.

First of a longer flash fly than I made before, as I saw my buddys in the water and the long tail looked amazing.
Click the image to open in full size.

Lemon head fly with dumbbell eyes.

Black fly with epoxy head and eyes glued on.

Black fly with yellow dumbbell eyes and epoxy head.

A little lady like fly with dumbbell eyes.

A beast of a yellow popper.

Silver cisco.

Yellow/pink

smaller b/w baitfish

smaller yellow