View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 05:21 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone ever deal with newtyer1

Don't know if it is proper to crosspost posting from other BB's. Admins please delete if this is out of line. Perhaps an exception can be made in this case. Here are Scoot Martin's (AKA Newtyer1, now Bamboo1) first few post on the Classic fly Rod Forum

He's at it again. Ironic posts since he reportedly used the PHW at Quantico to scam donations.

-----------

Hello fellow board members, My name is Scott and I live in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia. I am originally from Massachusetts and Rhode Island and miss the ocean dearly. I am a Disabled Veteran of the Iraq War and proud owner of a new Bamboo. I was at a Project Healing Waters Event last week called the Mossy Creek Invitational and must say, it was the most fun since I have been home from Iraq. You see I suffer from PTSD and it has completely taken the fun out of all the things I use to like to do like fishing. I say I haven't fished in 11 years but, truthfully it has been atleast 30 years. Back then I used a Phillipson Master Glass rod which was recently sent back to me after 30 years or so. At the event last week, I was given a new Bamboo rod made by Fred Paddock. It is a 8' 5wt and I believe it was his first bamboo because it is marked #1. I am really excited about it. I am going to PA next month to join another PHW trip and thinking I am going to use this rod.

During the event last week, I caught my first fish in 30 years. They ranged from 14-1/2" to 22" and had a blast. It kept my mind focused on the cast and presentation. I have an extreme problem focusing and stay interested in anything for long periods at a time. I also suffer from agoraphobia(the fear of being around a lot of people)which didn't hinder me at all. I was very focused and the day just flew by. I look forward to sharing my time through posting, possibly make a couple fishing buddies and learning a thing or two about fly fishing.
Scott

Scott Martin

I have a Bamboo Spinning rod that I built a couple years ago. It's around 5' long 2pc. Give me an e-mail and we'll talk some more about price IF your interest.

Scott Martin

Thanks Munsey, I have already found that out during the event last week. Now I am anxious to get back out but, I can't afford my license since the VA can't get thier act together to pay me my proper disability. So, for now I just sit and think about the next trip with PHW. It's very frustrating that I can't afford something as small as a license but, the bills have to come first.

Scott

------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
OK, Guys. I just got the heads up the newtyer1 is back in action as bamboo1 over on the Classic site. I suppose he's hoping our attention span is as short as his. Help get the word out.
Be aware ... be very aware.

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy