View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leader Options for Technical Dry Fly Presentations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter1023 View Post
I routinely use 18 foot leaders as my standard set up...ending with 6x Rio fluoro as my primary terminal tackle. I fish some technical water on the Farmington and Upper Delaware Rivers in Ct. and NY. I'll take a standard Rio Knotless Tapered MONO leader tapered to 3x...add a tippet ring...and then add 4x mono, 5x mono and ultimately 6x fluoro. All I can say is it seems to work well for me. That being said I like reading posts about leaders....in my humble opinion the most IMPORTANT piece of tackle that determines success rate
What knot do you use to attach the 6x fluoro to mono? I've had terrible luck with knots in fine fluorocarbon in the past. Thanks.