View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Two-handed Overhead casting

Hi Allan,

I use the technique when fishing the bays and harbors here for silver salmon and can fully agree that the big rods will make easy work of the long cast provided you have the room to the rear.

I have just returned from fishing for 9 days with a very fine Spey caster from France. As I traveled with he & another French 2 hand fisher and spent many hours observing the style that was used I actually was able to refine and improve some of my own casts. I've not had any lessons per-say, but to see a really smooth style being demonstrated was good for me.

I still use my 'Pokes' & Snap T's for redirects when quartering upstream but have a few new tools in the box now as a result of spending so many hours with these fellows.

Overhead really rocks when you have the right situation. I'm glad to hear you are using that Spey rod now,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;