View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Banned

Sasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to beholdSasha is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Some fish pics from my trip this past weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospots View Post
Awesome!

I'd like to hear more about the fly rod and a pic if you have it. I'm looking for a small 1 or 2 wt that is not that expensive. I'm thinking I'll have to build one.

Beautiful fish. Where (not exactly) were you?

Thanks!

That fly rod is the Sage 000710-3 TXL it is a medium-fast 7’ 10” rod. I have mine matched with a Galvan OB-1 reel with Sage quiet taper II DT000F line, the line weighs 32 grains. It is an absolute wonderful rod on the smaller backcountry creeks I prefer to fish. It is nice because even real small fish feel like big fish on this rod. In addition the rod will handle lager fish. Personally when I fish it for larger fish I will put them on the reel when fighting them. To date the largest fish I have landed with it was a 20” brown trout. I believe I paid around 540 for the rod.

Another rod I fish a lot is my Orvis Superfine 1WT. Prior to purchasing my TXL this was my go to rod. This rod I have matched with a CFO I reel and Orvis WF1F line. Personally I like how the feel of how this rod casts a little better than the TXL. However I like the fish on feel of the TXL slightly more. So basically it is a tossup for me as to which rod I like better. I don’t know exactly what I paid for this rod as my wife got it for me for a Father’s Day present.

As far as where I was at I will say this. I was on a small backcountry creek in Idaho. Here are a couple pics of my TXL for ya.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.