Re: Essential fly fishing gear/accessories.
I've went from carrying the works to carrying very little.
When I fished dry flies a lot:
1. The essential flies ( for the stream or region) carried in a small compartment box.
2. An extra leader and a spool of 6 & 7 X tippet
3. Dry fly powder by Shimizoki and a container of Froggs Fanny also. These 2 used together work great.
5. Ziess 10 X 25 B mini binoculars for observation (fish - birds - & etc)
For Streamer fishing I got the gear trimmed down also.
1. Streamer wallet filled with feather wings
2. A spool of 10 pound leader material (I use level leaders for streamer fishing)
6. Polarized glasses
7. 10 X 25 Ziess for general observations
Now I fish for trout - salmon - grayling & charand the gear for this is the same as the streamer kit. All the fishing is with streamers and large salmon (wet flies) and the leader material is either 10 pound for all but salmon which I use 15 pound Maxima Ultra Green for.
Pretty simple nowadays,