View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 06:03 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I Met Myself Last Night...

As quickly as the storm clouds of "greed" and "entitlement" gathered, they now have blown themselves out. A gathering of two lawyers-- one a relative "youngster" by comparison to his "seasoned" opponent --before a judge of long-standing confirmed what I already knew-- the will of the late Montgomery Jackson and its many directives stands as written. It is, as they say, "beyond contestation." Montgomery Jackson II will not profit from his father's death, no matter the annoying volume of his protests. Not now... not ever. As the judge pointed out in his reading, Montgomery Jackson II is entitled to nothing...

When one gives it a little thought, the word "will" is something of a two-edged sword in its meanings, all connected by an steely thread of pre-determinations. The legal definition of the paperwork is an authored and court-approved document that leaves little doubt as to the last wishes of the man or woman in question-- the late Montgomery Jackson, in this instance.

Still, said document also defines the will of my late friend, his own self-defined course setting in life-- the sheer "will power" to gather and build his holdings from virtually nothing, live life by his own terms, and consequently, met the fates in the only way that he knew how-- his way! And, I greatly respect him for that sort of inner strength, and his trust in me to do right by his memory. And, that is a responsibility I will never take lightly...

It has been said that "to really get to know a man, all you need to do is spend an hour or two across the table from him during a hand of poker..." The late Montgomery Jackson loved a good card game-- any kind of card game --and was infamous among his friends for having an outstanding "poker face," a love of good cigars, fine scotch, and grand bird dogs, fly rods and time outdoors, though the order of importance might vary from season to season. One thing was a constant, however, and that was his understanding and recognition of placing "a solid wager" on those he often called "the best of people." Given his "bet" on me, you'll see me "doubling down" on my efforts in the years to come, to make sure that the "will" of the late Montgomery Jackson comes to be, and that the "winnings" known as "Trail's End" will be properly passed along when my own time is done...