View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 07:35 AM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Essential fly fishing gear/accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbow68 View Post
I don't know where everyone fishes but around here I keep a knife that is easily accessible. Reason being old trot lines or some monofilament in the water. I keep a cheap one clipped to my vest or wader strap and not in my pocket down in my waders. I've been swimming before and got into some old mono, you cannot get enough leverage to break it unless its very light. Just a thought.
I'm with Fred, you nailed it on the knife. I've been tangled up in line from the gear guys while steelhead fishing on the Clearwater, and their lines are more like wire these days.

The gear I carry changes between lake, stream and steelhead fishing. But in addition to the good knife I always carry in my breast pocket, I carry a pair of nippers and an old Abel perfect tool around my neck on a lanyard. The knife plus the lanyard with the nippers and perfect tool go into my wader pocket at the end of every day so I always know where they are. A few years ago I would have also said the flip-down magnifiers, but I finally broke down and use bifocal sunglasses!