View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 10:27 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Camel back plus chest pack

Thanks for sharing. I do agree that I like to have my main pack behind my back. It's out of the way from casting and line hands and never interferes. It's easy to spin around to the front to get whatever I need and put it back in back when I am done.

The backpack does not afford this same ease of accessibility and wearing the two together is a nightmare. The problem is that I just need to the hydration. One a recent trip, it was hot as could be and my two bottles of water quickly ran out so I was forced to leech off of my buddies fishpond pack with the hydration reservoir to hold off that dehydration headache that was starting to show itself.

This is when I remembered that I already own a camelback from my mountain biking days. Unfortunately by itself, it just doesn't work for all of my needs.

I've never used a chest pack but I am hoping I can find a small one that can still hold a semi large box and some basic tools without being in the way. I'm also hoping that it isn't too many straps around my neck.