Thread: Canoes
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:21 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Canoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by innes View Post
Well, no pictures because I'm way out of the office but, I use a Wenonah Heron 15 ft tandem. It's not the best rated canoe but it's very stable for casting, holds a lot of gear and can be flipped around for solo venturing. I use it in lakes and reservoirs in Quantico and have caught some decent fish in it. I'm researching anchors and possibly an add-on skag to improve tracking. If you got knowledge in those areas let me know. Thanks
Actually stable is my major requirement in a canoe! I couldn't bear to lose my precious fishing tackle in a flip. Not sure what a skag is?

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

There are some sleek vessels plying the Restigouche river that I admire and I think would be an excellent idea for future retirement plans. these canoes are usually 22 to 28 feet long and they draw very little water, even just a few inches is enough to make it up river over sand bars etc in low water. They can be pricy though 2 to 5 thousand dollars.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by wannafish; 08-23-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: added info