Thread: Canoes
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafish View Post
Yes I forgot to mention made in OLD TOWN, MAINE, USA!
I don't know if it happen yet as they had asbestos issues, but they were suppose to take the old factory down this year.
I read on another forum that the building was loaded with unfinished canoes but none were worth the effort of "salvaging"

When I was 6 years old, my family went on a canoe adventure to Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario, taking the neighbor's old Old Town.
That canoe was so heavy with multiple layers of paint and canvas the we needed to have the Rambler station wagon's rear end replaced on the way home

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by innes View Post
and possibly an add-on skag to improve tracking. If you got knowledge in those areas let me know.
A fellow that I know, fly fishing author Ed Mitchel, used to row his drift boat in the ocean. In order to get it to track he would tie in end-to-end a homemade keel made from a garden hose with a rope strung through it.
With the keel on, it tracked like a dory. With it removed, he could still run rivers

Last edited by Rip Tide; 08-23-2013 at 07:57 AM.