View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 11:17 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gators on the Fly!

^funny

I was fishing some big canal that runs from the olrando area to the everglades and had a gator move up on shore about fifty feet from me. He didn't seem to have any bad intentions and wasn't being very sneaky so I wasn't "too" nervous about him and continued fishing. For the next ten or so minutes, he just sat there...doing nothing...didn't seem to be bothered my presence or constant casting motions.

Until I hooked up with a fish...

I hooked a decent bass on a popper and it instantly headed towards the direction of the gator which in turn meant that the gator was directly in my line of site. It was then that I noticed his head up and a clear focus on me and what was going on at the end of my line. As I reached down to land the fish, he turned towards me and sat there...almost as if he was begging.

I have had enough experience with stray animals and know that feeding them only keeps them coming back so I didn't give the fish to him despite my desire to see if my theory was right. In the end, that was probably the right move since he could have been destroyed if he became to comfortable around people.

A very cool experience though and I real felt at ease around the gators after that. Now the red ants are a whole different story and what I would consider to be the real danger - little SOB's