View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

I said I would take a couple pictures and so I did. If you have been reading my opinionated posts for years then you've heard me rail against 'Weight'.

Click the image to open in full size.

Well sometimes you gotta change with the wind. I am now taking folks fishing for a fee and it is my responsibility to help them to be successful. These flies are trout & char magnets and so I am teaching myself how to tie Sculpins that will fish deep in heavy current where we find the big rainbows here.

I am getting better at making them and have done about 2 dozen or close to that. This batch is the first with the weighted heads. I've been using little plastic eyes to keep the weight down on my flies up till now. I know the head weights will get trout and I can't wait to fish them.

Click the image to open in full size.

I also have a box full of unweighted ones for more shallow waters of small creeks. All of them have a #8 Gamakatsu hook trailing on 12 lb Dacron with the barb pinched so we don't damage the trout

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 08-23-2013 at 08:24 PM.