Thread: Sage Xi3 rods
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 11:57 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sage Xi3 rods

I own a Hardy ProAxis in the 9 foot 8 weight configuration. Before I bought it, I test cast it up against the Sage Xi3 and the Scott S4S. All three have their own quirks that differentiate themselves. I won't tell you why I preferred the ProAxis since you should test cast them to find out which one works for you. Bernie, Phil, and Rick have all three rods at their shop. You may want to visit.

I will tell you that the ProAxis is a great fishing stick. I have used mine for Steelhead, Largemouth Bass, and Striped Bass. It can cast a variety of payloads from long belly floating lines with sparse steelhead flies to heavy shooting heads with 3/0 Clouser Minnows. I have muscled LMB out of weedbeds. I have yanked some large stripers out from underneath the boat on the American and the Sac. It will be my main stick at Christmas Island next October.

I cannot say much about the 11 weights since I have not cast them. When it comes to rods 8 and up, I usually fish evens.

Dennis

Last edited by MoscaPescador; 08-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.