View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 05:15 PM
Business Member

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I found this amusing...

I have a net that is worth well over $300. It is a custom laminated bamboo net made by Clint Byrnes, who made a presentation net for Jimmy Carter. Mine has never been used.

I had another bamboo net made in the 1990's for a friend as a "Lodge Warming Gift" when he built and opened The Henry's Fork Lodge, picked as one of the 1000 places in the world to see before you die.

It is a very special net for a very special place.

When my 11 yo son was fishing the Yellowstone at Buffalo Ford in the Park, a passing angler grabbed the Byrnes net that was hanging from my son's vest. I asked him what he was doing and he said he collected fly fishing nets, but had never seen one that looked like the Byrnes net. Clint uses many different types of wood to get unique stripes/layers of color on the handle and hoop. No two nets are quite the same. Now take that construction add strips of split bamboo and you get a Byrnes Bamboo Net.

Here's an article from 1981 on Clint's nets.

The Milwaukee Sentinel Archive

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Last edited by silver creek; 08-25-2013 at 06:00 PM.