Thread: Warranty system
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 09:10 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warranty system

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post

Without a warranty, a manufacturer isn't held accountable for the quality of the product they produce. If a bad one slips through to the consumer, no big deal. Blame the consumer and make him eat it. There is a breaking point where they can no longer get away with that behavior but I don't trust manufacturers to just be trusted to do the right thing any more than I do the consumer. If you charge people for the best and want lots of money for it, prove it. Stand behind your product.

I don't believe warranties drive the cost of rods up, I think the high price charged for rods necessitates warranties. Of course, maybe I am just an idiot and don't know what I am talking about.
When you buy a fly rod, you're actually paying extra to cover the percentage of rods that will need to be replaced by warranties.
They can't do it any other way. Like Fred says... there's no free lunch

I've broken rods 3 different times on the first day of use and had to have them replaced.
A manufacturer covering a defective product is a whole lot different than a life time warranty.