Thread: Warranty system
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 10:59 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Warranty system

It really isn't a warranty anymore. Its a you get to pay 50$ (sage) plus your time and shipping to have it repaired. Arguably about 70$ worth.

Was the graphite spun correctly, did you hit your tip section with a cone-head on a brisk forward cast only to have it break on the next hook-up.

Did the dog step on it and create a small fracture that when casted did not react but when a hook is set the rod folds?

Too many darn---Hmmms. The rod companies needed to do something so they Jacked their prices, made this warranty smoke screen and then cover their costs and then some by replacing at a fairly hefty price based on what it truly costs to manufacture said rod.

I remember back in the day...you broke your rod...you were done. We were SO MUCH MORE CAREFUL with our equipment. The one bad thing the warranty has done is made people more careless at taking truly good care of their toys.

I have used Sages warranty so many times I can't count. Its a nice service and Sadly I know guys who break their butt section on purpose after breaking their tip so they can get the whole rod replaced. These behaviors hurt the industry.

Unless you are loaded who wants to throw down 700 bones on a rod and shut in the car door and have Nothing left for your troubles.

The expense is out of hand, rods are ridiculously priced for what you get and I see it only getting worse.

I think more than anything I got caught up in having the nicest, best, most expensive rods...I play a lot of tennis and like with fly fishing I have decided to use lesser cost equipment...It hasn't hindered my abilities, it has maybe made me a better caster and tennis player.

Folks with a lot of coin it really doesn't matter. Folks on a tight budget it really matters. Disconnect.

Shoot, I was fishing the other day with a hopper and a leader and my arm. I only got a bullfrog but it worked.