View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fishing Clearwater area in late August

Today, we saw some huge tarpon rolling early in the morning, but we couldn't hook up with them. We hooked a few catfish instead.

We only saw a couple of redfish (literally 2). The water was very murky and stained and tide conditions were less than ideal. Finding the fish we were looking for became very difficult.

However, we got into some speckled trout and ladyfish later in the day and had a great time with them. Marcel, you're right about the ladyfish. They tend to be bigger out in the bay than on the beach.

We saw lots of interesting marine life, which I always enjoy. Dolphins, sharks, rays, ospreys, and pelicans all made appearances throughout the day.

I had a blast, and the guide was excellent. Today was in the Bay, but tomorrow we're heading out into the Gulf.

I have to confess, I didn't take any photos today. The camera never left the pack, until I decided I wanted a shot of one of the speckled trout. He wiggled out of my hand before I could snap a picture.

However, here are a couple of shots on the beach the other morning.

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Click the image to open in full size.Uploaded with ImageShack.com