View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 08:01 PM

freeze69 will become famous soon enoughfreeze69 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Experiences with a Pflueger Trion series rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck2fan
Thanks for the replies. The price of the St. Croix is double the price of the Pflueger which I am fine with as it does include a carrying case (although the store says it is just el cheapo plastic and not really suitable for anything but keeping the rod in a closet) and it definitely has the better warranty.The one thing I am not too happy about is the only St. Croix available to me locally is the 4 piece model. Which I don't see as a plus like some would. I am a great believer in the old adage the more pieces the less sensitive the rod. Now, If I was planning on backpacking it might interest me but my sleeping on the ground out in the bush days are long past.... So in short 4 pieces in my mind equals only 2 more pieces to have problems with by breaking them or even worse losing one of them LOL.I guess I will have to seriously think about risking ordering something I haven't actually held in my hands online to get what I want. The sad part is that will end up costing me about 25% more than buying locally for either the Pflueger or the 2 piece St. Croix.
if you are worried about buying online talk to steve at THE FULL CREEL. i'm pretty sure he will make you more than happy with your purchase. i just bought a outfit from him a couple of weeks ago. if it wasn't for the fact i wanted the rod by the weekend shipping would've been free. and then there's the 21 day test drive plan. no shop that i know of will give you a offer like this. take my word on this call him up or pm him and see what he can do for you.

p.s. the outfit i got was $100 less through him than ordering from a major retailer.