View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Little tricks to share

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
So...Davo and I are going to share our little tricks,that's a good team I think.The car wash chamois is great but you can use this too.When you find a little bag of silica desicant in one of your parcels or a medicine tube,don't throw it as advised,put it in a little tube.When your fly is wet,put it inside the tube,close it and shake...It'll come out perfectly dry.(very useful when you fish with a "cul de canard".Click the image to open in full size.
I love this idea. Coupled on the cork idea (love that too), you could use an old 35mm film can, drill a small hole in the lid and bottom. Using the other shoe string, fish it through the cap from the top, then through the hole in the can from the inside, knot it. Leave enough room for the lid to be removed for the fly insertion and there you have it.

Aside from this, you could punch a hole in the chamios, tie it onto a longer end of the shoestring and use it to remove the remains of the drying agent. they could hang together from the same string, if done right.

I'll do one up and post a pic.