View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing natural caster.

His casting seems to be where his talent ends. He Hockey taped the grip. He took black magic marker and colored the entire fly line black and then replaced the stripper guide with a size 30 spinning guide. After a couple of days the line still seems Ok, but I had serious concerns over the chemicals in the magic marker reacting badly with the line. I was unable to convince him it was a bad and un-needed idea. (he thinks colored line might scare Bass) He is already able though, to virtually throw the entire fly line. I watched him make a cast with the backing knot 4 or 5 inches out of the reel and shoot everything but the last 4 or 5'. That last 4 or 5' is why he changed the stripper guide. I was not able to talk him out of that either.