View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:34 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How to fish a hopper, and some rigging questions

For trout, in mt., I like a parachutes hopper, just so I can see it. Close to the bank, and you were given good advice, namely that your side of the creek is the other side of the creek. THere is no shame in dapping.

I am down in SW Fl now. There is a swarm of big , think three inches, hoppers. Most are yellow, some are black. So I hied myself to Joannes fabrics, a chain craft store. They were having a sale so I got one square foot of craft foam for less than a buck a sheet. Tonight I intend to cut some matching strips, yellow on the bottom and black on top with sharpy colored rubber bands for legs. With luck this will work the bass. I would, if you,re rolling your own, reccomend a craft store and foam for terrestials. Its cheap, floats like a cork and will support a bead head underneath. I'm a newbie at this material so I will have to give a range report as tok how actually tying this stuff is. But in theory...