View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 11:18 AM

airwhipper is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from an old fart.

I'm brand new to this forum. A little back ground. Moved to southern Minnesota from northern Indiana almost 20 years ago. Good move. I tried fly fishing almost 25 years ago but, since I had no one to mentor me, I pretty much had to learn every thing on my own. The same way I learned bow hunting, bowfishing (my other favorite past time), pursuing catfish at night and small game hunting. Lots of reading of magazines and books. Even today, people figure when you're in your late 50's, you know it all. That would be great if it were true.
Any way, I want to get back in the fine art of tying wind knots and catching trees. I'll ask a lot of questions that may seem pretty elementary to most of you but I'll try to keep them to a minimum.
I'm an HVACR technician, a low voltage electrician and a stationary engineer by trade. Not sure why, but I am. Recently got reassigned to a night maintenance position so I now work 11:00 at night till 7:30 in the morning. Advantage here is that I get the water or woods all to myself. Disadvantage is that, a 58 year old man doesn't do well on 3-4 hours of sleep a day.
I'll try not to be too big a pain in the butt. I think I told my wife the same thing almost 37 years ago. She didn't believe me either.
Thanks for letting me tap your brains and, maybe someday, help guide others in the right direction.