View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Re: St. Augustine Beginner

Buckslayer,

Welcome to the forum. I would definitely head to the shop in Jacksonville, or hire a fly fishing guide in your area for some instruction and one-on-one fishing time. It would be well worth the investment. This looks like a guy who can teach you some techniques: Fly Fishing Jacksonville St. Augustine Florida Rich Santos Fly Fishing Instruction

I spent almost a year trying to figure out the whole fly fishing thing. I was very frustrated, but not ready to give up. I signed up for a one-day class that covered casting, entomology, and a variety of other fly-related topics. The instructor even video recorded the students and showed us where we needed to refine our techniques. That was the best fly fishing investment I've ever made.

Since then, I've become a student of the sport, constantly learning and improving my skills. I'm totally hooked on this fly thing. Sign up for a lesson and go from there. You'll be glad you did.

-VB