Thread: Fish finder
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 AM

rockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud ofrockriver has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fish finder

I purchased the 550C, but gave some thought to the transducer mounting. Looking at a couple of dozen boats and seeing every configuration possible for mounting, I did a lot of research on mounting. It appears that most of the mountings are just throw it on. Since this thing cost some money, I wanted the best return possible. Taking every thing from prop turbulence to the bottom of the boat into my thoughts, I eventually decided to build a removable mount that clamped to the transom. By chance I came across a portable transducer mount in a Cabela's catalog. I bought it and it looks like it'll work just fine. I'll fine tune the location on the transom this fall. Now if only the weather would cooperate.