View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 08:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need help with a trip to Central Coast area

Nir: I grew up in Arroyo Grande, CA just south of where you want to stay, but back then I wasn't into fly fishing. I can tell you that the water is going to be COLD. It warms up in late summer where you can get in and tolerate it, without all the limbs turning blue. You will see the surfers out there with just body suits on, but it is still darn cold. Wish I could provide some fishing options. As a kid we used to spin fish off the big rocks and always seemed to catch a few. Big Sur is a beautiful area and you will enjoy the scenery. If you have time head south n hwy 1 and do a tour of Heatst Castle.

Larry