View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 AM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TFO BVK or Mangrove?

I have both rods in 8wt's. I like them both for different reasons. The taper profile is not anywhere close to the same. The BVK is a fast action, with a fairly progressive flex tip to butt. No lifting power at all which is why many people break this model. It casts well once you find the sweat spot.

The Mangrove is completely different, and it incorporates the Titanium coating that they use on the TiCr and TiCrX rods. This makes it much more durable. IT was designed by "Flip" (excuse my spelling) to have a soft fast loading front third, and a heavier stouter butt for lifting. I happen to love it for Redfish.

Which is better? Only you can choose for you. Good luck, but there is no loser here.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.