View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default outstanding catch

Last sunday,I was to go fishing with my buddy Baptiste but couldn't because I got a lunch invitation.As the weather was unsettled,he decided to go to our nearest chub spot.Twenty years ago we could catch big trout in this area but now because of pollution,lack of water and silly regulation there are only chubs left and some carp.The chubs weren't very eager to bite,a sudden shower forced my friend to shelter under a tree on the bank.As the rain stopped and he was going to fish again,he saw a carp quietly coming towards the bank and feeding on the bottom.He got to the edge on all four and casted his nymph in front of the carp which moved slowly and caught the nymph as it gently fell on the sand.I don't do that for I'm frightened to have such a fish hung on my line but he did!So the carp started swimming straight on upstream like a truck or a tractor,he had to follow it for more than a hundred yards for his line and backing were out.After a long fight the carp got tired and he could take it in his arms and lay it on the grass.Unfortunately he didn't have his camera and could only measure it before releasing it:64 cm!Outstanding!That's a real exploit!
Rod :Scott A2 905
Line :WF 4
Reel :Vivarelli
Tippet :Asso 5x
nymph :black chub special