View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:00 AM

newtofly is on a distinguished road
Default How to find access points for rivers?

Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out some different access points to a few of the rivers I will be fishing at the end of the month. I am no expert but love to fly fish. Our entire trip will be hitting these four waters. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming that the BWO hatch will be going on this late in the month. Any other bugs to watch for?

The Arkansas just SE of Salida. I have fished the Arkansas just north of Wellsville, but is there a better place to start? Any tips?

The Gunnison. Have fished the Whitewater park area (I think that is what it is), and a few pull-offs just west of town in the National Forest Area. Any suggestions here? This river has kicked our butt every time we fish it. Some tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Taylor River- We will stay downstream of the "hog trough" most of the time so where is the best place to start here? Is the road (742) open? Suggestions would be great.

Finally, the East River- Never fished it. Don't even know where to start. Help!!

How are water levels looking? Also, if you have any input, links, or just wouldn't mind offering some assistance please chime in. Thanks everyone.