View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to spey casting...advice on Sage TCX--7126-4

Ok so last night I was a little punchy and that was the first thing to come to mind. Today's a new day and I'm feeling a little more on my game, so here's some information for you to chew on.

I'll preface my comments with: I'm still learning. I'm hopeful others more knowledgable will chime in. If he doesn't respond to the post, you may consider sending fredaevans a PM, he's probably forgot more than I know about spey casting.

Congratulations on your rod purchase, by all accounts I've read that's one fine two hander you acquired! If I remember correctly, between the head and leader, the total should be about 3 times the length of your rod. The good news with that rod is since it's widely considered the darling of the lineup, there are many documented reviews/recommendations of it as to how to best fish it.

This is worth a read.

http://www.rioproducts.com/skin/summ...nes%202013.pdf

I enjoy Simon's teaching style both in books and video. This is a great book.

Spey Casting, 2nd Edition: Simon Gawesworth: 9780811702683: Amazon.com: Books Spey Casting, 2nd Edition: Simon Gawesworth: 9780811702683: Amazon.com: Books

This video really helped me.

A few other videos to search for, Henrik Mortensen and Göran Andersson, Ed Ward. If you get into Skagit casting, the Skagit Masters 1 video has a really good instructional segment by Ed in it.

Good luck and once again, congrats on adding that fine rod to your arsenal!