View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 01:13 PM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The wives don't understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
They just don't understand us.
Well, I bought an el cheapo rod on eBay over the weekend. I said it was for my son, and it is, sort of. And she knew it wasn't "really" for him. She was okay with the first rod and reel. Then Jason gave me another rod. I obtained another reel (for the rod Jason gave me, of course). And now I got this rod.

I can't see it stopping now.

Problem is, she doesn't either. Especially since she caught me looking at eBay again last night looking for a rod that I can use for steelheads. And I also need another reel.

You are absolutely correct: She simply does not understand. Tell me again why is it more important to pay the rent on the kids' apartments in college than me buying some more equipment?

Oh, and I also get the rolling eyes and shaking head when she sees me lawn cast. She thinks it is especially funny whenever I get hooked on one of the tree branches that overhang the yard.