Thread: Nymphing Line?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 03:34 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nymphing Line?

Great information Todd! It's always beneficial to make that call to the manufacturer. I've been intrigued by the Perception line and it's great to know that it too is 1/2 line over as is the Gold. I have Gold spooled up and use it on several fly rods. I love that line and am pleased to hear it hasn't changed other than the technologies. It's a real gem in their lineup if you ask me. Airflo lines are similar in that they are low stretch and use PU as opposed to PVC as a coating. I got turned on to their lines and since then they've become a favorite.

What's also interesting is that the comments you got from Rio sort of paralleled my experience with the line. It's more of a niche use which is OK if that's how you're fishing. Other lines are going to offer greater versatility though.

Now all this said, I'm pretty sure that they wold advise against the nymph/indicator line I have rigged up on my 7wt but I've found it to work just fine for turning over indicators and double nymphs. We all have opinions I suppose