Thread: Nymphing Line?
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Nymphing Line?

Hi William,

If you currently have lines on reels that you can try on the rod I would do that. I wouldn't worry too much about whether I had a dry or a nymph on the rod I would simply go cast the lines I had and find which loads and casts well.

I use the same lines (most are Scientific Angler Mastery DT) for whatever I am casting. From dry flies to large feather wing streamers or heavy Pike flies the only thing I change is my leaders. The lines work the same regardless of what I have on the terminal end. What you find is that you just apply a bit more speed to the lift when you have a heavier or more resistant fly or rigging on the end of the line.

By now you may have figured out that I don't spend a lot of time pondering the fine points of current tackle tuning or splitting hairs over the details. Honestly I believe that once you have a fly line that loads and shoots well it really doesn't matter whether you fish wet or dry with that line. You just change the leaders to suit and keep the line well dressed so it floats high.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;