View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: The wives don't understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrap View Post
I was told by the local FF shop owner to not practice on grass sat can mess put the fly line. Basically said over time, all the little sharp edges of the lawn will cause abrasions on the line. Any truth to this?
I've never done much casting without water but to the above; I seriously doubt it. There is so much overthinking and hair splitting going on today regarding fly lines that if I were to believe it all I would have to own over 125 lines for the 20 or so rods I have. Along with all those various lines I'd need many more reel spools and would have to be cleaning the lines and coating them with some compound to make them cast farther frequently.

With all of that going on my fishing time would be cut somewhere around the 50% mark. Don't worry over the lawn ruining your line but remember that fishing is what they are for

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;