View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 06:29 AM

hairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant futurehairwing530 has a brilliant future
Default Re: How Many Of You Will Be Tying This Winter?

Hey dean mt,

I'm far enough north in Michigan to be in the middle of some of the best trout waters-- Grayling, and right on the banks of the AuSable River. The cabin/house sits about 1.5 hours south of "the bridge," so the UP folks still consider me a "troll..." (It's a Michigan thing...)

So, why the AuSable River, other than its phenomenal trout fishing and it being an inspirational place to tie? Well, it just seems appropriate, as I started my fly-fishing career at 8 years old on the North Branch of the river system, and should the cancer demons ever catch up with me-- 16 years now and having beaten three brain tumors --I'd like to end my time on this river as well. Full circle...