View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 10:28 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Classic Trout is back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
Axle.......let us know what you think...........as an old fart "greybeard", so to speak, I grew up with the slower actions, and I still enjoy them today, especially my 8'6" three weight!!
I tossed some line with it yesterday evening with my boss (who's gotten the fly fishing bug now). Definitely a slower action. Once I figured out what the rod wanted from me, it was not too bad. I think it's mostly me and my sloppy casting. I tail alot unless I make myself stop and let the rod do the work.

Next to his TFO Lefty Kreh Pro 8wt, it's a wand...and a floppy one at that.

I actually bought it because it was a decent deal on a rod I've always wanted to cast...I needed it like I needed another hole in my head. I'll have to consider it's future. Perhaps cast it next to my St. Croix Avid in 5wt and see what's what.