Thread: Tippet material
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 PM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of
Default Tippet material

OK, bear with me...

I just got some streamers (Mickey Fins, Little Brown, Rainbow and Brook Trout, among others). More importantly, they are from #10-#6. I've seen a couple of guides concerning tippet material sizes for different size hook. With this said, the largest tippet material size I have is 3X. Is this large enough to turn over a #6 streamer? I've seen some that stated yes and no.

If not, I have some Flouro in 6lb test (regular fishing line that I used to use as leader material for my light and ultra light spinning outfit). Can this be used?

AND, if so, I have furled leaders without the metal ring at the tippet end. I have read where using flouro can cut the mono (these are not thread-based leaders). Is this a problem?

So for hitting with so many questions, but I'm eager to try these streamers, and perhaps tie some of my own...in my own little twisted style.

Thanx a bunch. Da Ax.