View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Before and after Baetis

Quote:
Originally Posted by calftail View Post
Larry,

You live in Trout Fishing Heaven...I envy you.

Such big water, big fish, and such tiny flies huh.
Yes indeed! With normal tactics we found landing the fish to 18" on those tiny RS-2's worked. There wasn't much in hatches coming off yesterday, but I noticed these gray stillborn nymphs floating in the water and that is when I changed out to the RS-2 and started catching fish, but ever so often these big browns would come out of the weed beds and rip through the pool chasing the cutties off. I hooked three of those big guys but each time after the hook set they would make a run straight for the weed beds on the opposite side, I would palm the reel to try and keep them out of the weeds but something always broke, but it was fun anyway.