View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 04:28 PM

silver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond reputesilver creek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double hauling destroys my cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaddock View Post
I have been repositioning my hands on the front and back cast and, my hauls are short 6-8". The timing may be what is getting me as I have been starting the haul almost simultaneously with the casting stroke.
OK,

I think the open loops are due to you hauling throughout the rod stroke. The timing of the haul should be quick right at or just before the rod stop. Then bring the hands together during the rod drift phase.

"Hauling at the stop will give you a tight loop. Hauling throughout the stroke will give you an open loop."

Single and Double Haul

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy