View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 06:31 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Closest place to Oklahoma for some steelhead ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabelasunshine View Post
Totally agree ^^. My first winter on the Mendocino coast I fished every day of February that the water wasn't completely blown out. I hooked four and landed two, but I saw many things I'll never forget. One of the finest times of my life. And when you do connect -- it's like hooking a bolt of lightning. Pretty good.
Lived in Healdsburg, CA for years and minutes to the river and the mouth of 'Dry Creek' which leads to the Hatchery. A 'no-no' to fish in the creek but you could walk along and see the fish in one/two foot deep water. As the water came out from behind a huge damn (Lake Sonoma) no chance that the creek would dry.

Was interesting to see the dam going up and the expectation it would take years to fill up the Res. behind. God had a different plan. Tropical rain over a few days and millions of gallons backed up behind the dam. Then another a couple of weeks later.

Main river (Russian) was blown out for weeks from the run off. Basicly the season was history .... drive to Oregon and fish the Chetco.