View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 08:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rampage Motor & Anchor Conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBum View Post
So I get down to the river got my motor mount setup on the NFO Rampage. I made sure I'd made the the straps I as tight as I could possibly get them. Got on the boat fired up the out board and instead of moving forward when I put it in gear the motor started to be pulled underwater. The thing is I double and triple checked every strap to make sure they were pulled as tight as I could possibly get them. However, it seemed even though Dave Scadden said the boat could handle a 4 hp outboard that it was too much for the bracket.
Tom: Something just isn't right in your setup. Did you have the toon fully inflated? I'm trying to figure out what is up with your setup. Last year I took my Rampage up to Lewis lake, the boat ramp is on the south end of the lake. After getting everything loaded I motored all the way to the north end of the lake to the Lewis channel, it must be 1 1/2 miles using my 4 hp outboard. The motor tilts back a little when under power but its really is no big deal. The only issue I had on the entire trip was that the motor mount plate was too weak and started bending which caused the motor to tilt rearward even more, so I asked my son to weld a new metal bracket, only to find out it is made of aluminum so we decided to add a larger piece of wood to prevent the plate from bending. I can attest that the Rampage will easily handle a 4 hp outboard motor. On my return trip from Lewis Channel the wind was whipping and the waves on the lake were probably 1 1/2 ft high, the waves were coming over the boat so I decided to motor along the west side of the lake to avoid the larger waves in the center, but still occasionally had waves coming over the boat. I had on my neoprene waders so it was no big deal. The motor and boat performed flawlessly.

Larry

Larry