View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 07:11 AM

busbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to beholdbusbus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The wives don't understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
Showed Toni the pic of the new Orvis glass rods coming out,,she said "It's another fly rod, am I missing something ?'

I went in for counseling today. My doctor doesn't understand her coldness of emotion either !

I can tell my boxer dog, Heidi is all excited for me. I can mention that 7 1/2', 4wt, magical glass scepter in excited terms and she wags her tail like crazy !

Showed her a couple #22 Adams trudes I'd tied tonite,,,she said 'That won't fill a trout up, you sure they'll put effort into hitting that little thing?'

I'm up at 3thirty AM nearly now, pondering the logic on that one,,,,,,,,,,,,ummmmm Maybe she said THAT to hurt me too ?

Mike

Mike,

I think you must be married to one of my wife's long-lost relatives. Those are things she would, and has, said to me. She told me one time, "I don't understand you. You spend all that time making 'crafts' and then all you do with them is throw them in the water."

'Crafts????????' Flies are crafts???

And to make things worse, she looks at my flies with a totally blank stare. I even tried to make a few dries on a #20 and it took me forever. (I don't know what hurt more: the cramps in my hands or the pain in my eyes.) I was really happy with the outcome and all I got was a "Ho-hum. What's on TV tonight?"

Whenever she sees a rod or reel on my computer screen, I am told I had better not even be thinking about getting another one because I already have more of them than I have hands.

And she thinks the dumbest things I do is catching fish only to put them back into the water...well, except I will do it even when it is raining.

ray