View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 11:27 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you fish mice patterns?

I have always been intrigued with the thought of a big trout charging up from the depths to attack a mouse making a v-wake along the bank. The true predatory instinct of large brown trout and rainbows is why so many fly fisherman become addicted to streamer fishing. But if you can trigger that same response, catch the largest of trout, and do it on the surface why wouldn't you?!

William posted an article about a 19 inch rainbow with 20 little shrews in its gut. So it got me thinking about fishing mammal patterns again. Because for the all intrigue and curiosity, I've never done it. It's a mystery to me. I've always thought it had to be at night, is that true?

I'd like to hear from those of you that do fish with mice/small mammal flies. I have a fishing trip coming up to the Big Hole River, an area known for holding large brown trout. I'd like to give this a try.

Fill me in!